Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Why are you going?

I have asked the team members why they are going to Haiti, here are some of their responses...


Since this is my first time to Haiti, I am very excited to be a part of something that is such a special and needed gift to the Haitian people.  My hands doing God’s work is what it is all about!


I am looking forward to returning to Haiti to re-acquaint with old friends and making new ones. I love learning from the people, their culture,  their way of doing things and working side by side as God's children. Being in Haiti also makes me take stock of my life and to realize that people can be happy without all the material goods we have. 


I've been waiting to get back to Pignon since I came back from the trip there four years ago and am excited to see what has changed since then.  I hope to meet the student I am sponsoring at the school and am looking forward to working again side by side with the people of Pignon.


I am going to Haiti for 2 reasons.  Haiti needs help and I can offer them a little...God asks me to do it.  I also am helped by Haiti...joy fills my heart as I involve myself in this community of giving and receiving. I believe each team member's experience is unique in this respect. I am excited about rekindling and establishing relationships in Pignon.  God has a surprise or two in store... 


I really want to pay it forward, I know that this is where God is calling me to go to.


I am going for closure, to finish what I started last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment